Consult a Child Behavioral Coach in Newport Beach, California
As a parent, you want the best for your child. You want them to live their lives to the fullest, but that can seem like a lofty goal, when your child appears to be dealing with behavioral issues.
Not knowing what to do to correct your child’s behavior can put you in a tough spot, further adding to your stress. But it does not have to be this way.
You don’t have to go it alone, when you can seek help of a professional who has the experience to help your child cope with their issues.
We can empower children with the right mindfulness tools that can enable them to make effective, and lasting changes to their behavior. Resulting in increased happiness and peace of mind.
How A Child Behavioral Coach Can Help
A behavioral coach uses alternative modes of therapy, like mindfulness, meditation, and yoga to help children with mental health challenges better manage their condition, or in case of general behavioral issues, guide them in a way that can bring about lasting behavioral changes.
A coach can help in the following situations:
1. Mental Health Challenges: This is when you’ve got a diagnosis from a clinically trained professional, that your child is dealing with a mental health issue. That’s when alternative modes of therapy can prove beneficial. It is very important to address these issues at an early stage of development, and use all the tools available to help the child better manage their condition.
Delaying treatment, and therapy could make it even more difficult to resolve these issues. Which is why, parents should reach out for help as early as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it can be to help your child overcome these mental health challenges.
2. Other Behavioral Issues: Many of the so called “normal” behaviors can also affect children greatly. Especially when they are unaware of how to deal with various unpleasant emotions like anger, sadness, and fear. Not knowing how to process these emotions correctly can make it difficult for children to enjoy life and form harmonious relationships.
Some common mental and behavioral issues that children require help with are:
- ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Low Self-Esteem
Even if you have the slightest doubt that your child may need help, it is best to consult a child behavioral coach in Newport Beach, by calling or sending a text at 714-928-2520.
What is Mindfulness?
We can describe mindfulness as conscious awareness of your current state of being. It means being fully aware of your thoughts, emotions, and sensations. Without trying to judge them, or label them as good or bad.
It is a skill that children can learn, and function as conscious beings, instead of being mechanical in nature.
Mindfulness enables children to not succumb to automatic behavioral patterns and see when a certain thought or emotion is detrimental to their health and well-being.
The goal of mindfulness is to enable children to lead a conscious and happy life.
How Mindfulness Helps With a Child’s Behavioral Issues
All behavioral issues stem from unconsciousness. No matter where the child may have picked up a certain behavior, it cannot affect him if he becomes conscious of it.
Let’s take, for instance, excess shyness. To where it hampers the child’s day to day functioning, and his ability to lead a normal social life. This behavior is more or less an automatic response, resulting out of a low self-esteem.
Through mindfulness, the child can notice their feelings, and also learn that their feelings do not define who they are, which gives them the power to let-go of feelings that no longer serve their best interest.
Once aware of the power of mindfulness, all we need to do is help the child remember, and practice mindfulness daily. As it becomes a habit, the old behavior is overwritten by the new consciously chosen behavior.
As a result, the child becomes more open to life, and confident in social settings.
Mindfulness and Parenting
A parent plays a key role in the child’s development and has a significant effect on the child’s behavior. Which makes it extremely important for a parent to be mindful of their behavior around children.
For instance, let’s say you notice erratic behavior from the child, and you want them to stop behaving that way. A common mistake that parents make is to use an authoritative tone to get them to change their behavior. This does not help, because you are sending your energy in the wrong direction.
You are focusing on the erratic behavior of the child, instead of focusing on shifting that energy into a positive direction. This can only be done if you are mindful of your response to any of your child’s behavioral issues.
Mindfulness enables parents to be more conscious of their interaction with children, and this goes a long way in helping the child in changing their behavior.
You always want to focus on the behavior you’d like to cultivate in your child. This way, unwanted behavioral patterns drop on their own.
How to Get Your Kids to Stop Whining – Child Behavioral Coach in Newport Beach, California
As can be seen in the above video, Jessi has emphasized the importance of using the right tone to communicate with children, and to help shift their vibration into a higher state of being.
If you are ready to book your free consultation with Jessi, contact 714-928-2520.
How Mindfulness Based Therapy Works
- We teach children how to relate to the contents of their mind, their emotions, and sensations in a healthy, non-judgmental way. Mindfulness lets them see that they are only a witness to the passing thoughts and emotions, enabling them to easily let-go of that which does not serve their best interest.
- As they strengthen the practice, children learn that passing thoughts and emotions are simply an activity that is in their experience, but it is not their identity. So there is no need to feel any remorse over unpleasant thoughts and emotions, and nor any “doing” involved with it. With no identity attached to these momentary experiences, one is free from any guilt or shame associated with it. This enables them to see that they are always free to live joyfully. This practice is helpful for kids who feel depressed and can release them from the grip of sadness and depression.
- Children with anxiety learn how to calm down their nervous system, and how to breathe easily, and get themselves out of anxious thinking. Jessi, as an expert child behavioral coach in Newport Beach, uses a lot of breath work, and even yoga poses to relax the central nervous system, and bring the body and mind back in harmony and balance.
- Mindfulness enables children to get back to their original nature of living through awareness and perception, instead of thought and emotion. Once thought and emotion are no longer the center of the child’s experience of life, it releases them from repetitive harmful behaviors, helping them experience the joy of living.
- Children learn the value of being present to life, and not get dragged into past painful memories, or future worries.
- When the child and parent both take part in this therapy, the effects get multiplied, enabling them to function like a team, working to better themselves, and their relationship reaches a new level. Where the parent can see how amazing it is to provide for their child, and not only be responsible for their physical needs but also their mental and emotional well-being.
- Children are more open to learn and adapt this makes mindfulness based therapy an ideal choice to help them cope with their behavioral issues, and come out of it even stronger, and ready to face any challenge they may encounter in life.
- Mindfulness sets the right foundation for children to grow and unfold their truest potential to live an amazing life.
- Group and Private classes both are available for children and their parents. Contact Jessi Moon – Child Behavioral Coach in Newport Beach at 714-928-2520.
Mindfulness for Children with ADHD
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD is a common disorder in children, which can make it difficult for a child to be attentive at school, and cause them to be impulsive in their behavior.
ADHD children get distracted easily, making it difficult for them to study, or focus at any task for the necessary time.
Mindfulness practices and yoga can ease their restlessness, resulting in increased focus, allowing children to concentrate more easily.
Where medications are used to regulate behavior, mindfulness based therapy can educate children on how they can self-regulate behavior.
If you have been looking for an ADHD Child Coach in Newport Beach, who can help your child focus better, then be sure to call or text at 714-928-2520 to schedule a Free 15 minute phone consultation.
About Jessi Moon Conder
Jessi is a Certified Mindfulness Teacher, who has over 10 years’ experience as a Child Behavioral Coach, in Newport Beach, California. She loves working with children, and conducts programs at schools, and also works with kids privately across Orange County, CA.
She is a proud parent of a 16-year-old son, whom she adores. Jessi has been associated with the Self-Awareness Institute for over 20 years, where she has been practicing yoga, and meditation extensively.
Jessi is here to serve you to the best of her ability, to help you succeed as a parent, and help your child make the necessary behavioral changes. She has seen children’s behavior transform quickly, and there is no reason she can’t help your child as well.
What are you waiting for? Simply pick up the phone, and call Jessi right now!
Call for a Free Consultation at: 714-928-2520
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am still not sure if you can help me?
That’s no problem, just contact Jessi, and she can resolve the query, after learning more about your child.
Can Jessi help a child with Autism?
Yes, she is an Autism Child Coach in Newport Beach.
Can Anxiety be treated with mindfulness therapy?
Yes, mindfulness is quite effective, and Jessi serves as a children’s anxiety coach in Newport Beach.
What People are Saying about the Coaching